- Dr. Al-Aly is the Chief of Research and Development Service at the VA Saint Louis Health Care System.
- He is a physician scientist with broad research interests including public health, global health, environmental epidemiology, and pharmacoepidemiology.
- He leads several research initiatives aimed at developing a deep understanding of the short- and long-term effects of COVID 19 on health outcomes.
- He has published extensively in several major journals including BMJ, JAMA, Lancet, NEJM, Nature, and others. His work is frequently featured in major national and international media outlets including New York Times, CNN, BBC, NPR, the Guardian, Bloomberg, The New Yorker, the Atlantic, and several others.
- According to Google Scholar, his work has been cited more than 43,000 times
VREF will be hosing a webinar on June 23rd, with Dr. Al-Aly as the speaker. He will discuss his research on Long COVID.
Sign up Here.