There is always new and exciting Research findings being done and we want to keep everyone in the loop!
- As of April 17th, 2020 the VA St. Louis Health Care System has received full approval to begin enrolling and treating patients in the study “Expanded Access to Convalescent Plasma for the Treatment of Patients with COVID-19”.
- Dr. Jay McDonald will be the St. Louis VA’s Principal Investigator for this study.
- This study will be using Plasma transfusions from recovered COVID-19 patients to current COVID-19 patients. This study is headquartered at the Mayo Clinic, and provides our patients with access to convalescent plasma as a therapeutic for COVID-19.
- We are the first VA in the nation to bring this Plasma treatment to our Veterans! This cutting edge research is going to help save the lives of many
- Check out his interview with fox 2 here
- and KMOV4 Article here
- The Million Veteran Program (MVP) recently enrolled its 750,000th Veteran partner! 8 years ago, MVP started as a noble idea of enrolling one million Veterans to better understand the role of genetics and health. Data from MVP is already generating new insights into diabetes, heart disease, PTSD, and more. Learn how you can volunteer and create a legacy in the future of healthcare for all Veterans. https://www.research.va.gov/mvp
- Please read the article below for more information: