Keith Repko., Board Chair,
- Deputy Director of John Cochran VA Medical Center.
Jay McDonald, M.D., Secretary
- Dr. McDonald, Chief, Infectious Diseases, has been actively involved in research at the VA for eight years. Dr. McDonald’s research uses data from national VA databases to address questions related to infectious complications of immunosuppressive medications and bone and joint infections.
Amy Joseph, M.D., Treasurer
- Dr. Joseph, a Rheumatologist with 13 years of active research at the St. Louis VA, studies diagnosis and treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, particularly in patients infected with the hepatitis C virus.
Joel Eissenberg, PhD, Community Board Member
- Dr. Eissenberg is Associate Dean for Research and a Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Saint Louis University. Dr. Eissenberg has over 25 years of research experience, focusing on gene transcription by chromatin and by RNA Poymerase II (Pol II) elongation factors.
Ziyad Al-Aly, M.D., Member
- Dr. Al-Aly, a Nephrologist, has been a dedicated VA researcher for over ten years. Dr. Al-Aly focuses his research on the relationship between kidney disease and clinical outcomes.